twincitylocal is… evolving. In flux. Our site motto is “what you want” and this is also our mission.
We want to help connect you with your community. To find fun things to do and to find ways to connect you with the groups, organizations and businesses in and around Winston-Salem to strengthen our community and your place in it.
We originally launched in September 2019 and are always in the process of finding our balance and purpose.
Our Founder is Chris Kaufman, a local Realtor. You will notice that we have a Real Estate Section on the site. This is the business that pays the bills for Chris and his family. The rest of the site is designed as a not-for-profit to serve Winston-Salem and the surrounding communities.
We are in the process of exploring and registering as a 501(c)(3) North Carolina Nonprofit Corporation and will update this site when that goal is achieved. If you are interested in partnering with us or volunteering to help bring this mission to fruition please contact us by clicking here.
We are currently and actively seeking Board Members, Committee Members, Social Media Ambassadors & WordPress Ninjas.
How It Works (for now… we are always evolving)
For the average user/citizen/general public, we currently provide
- An Event Calendar – a central hub to go to find all about what is going on in the Winston-Salem Communities
- A place for Coupons and Offers from LOCAL businesses
- A Real Estate Section
- “Soon” we plan to add articles, written guides and etc.
- A place to volunteer to help promote our mission or to give back to out community through one of our non-profit sponsors
- Always more to come as we better discover the needs of the Community and what you want
For Non-Profits, Community Groups, Arts Organizations, etc.
- Promote your events on our Calendar for free!
- Need some we-space for your organization and don’t have a budget for hosting? We can help!
- We want to partner with you to spread the word about what you are doing!
- In short, twincitylocal is here to support you! Tell us how we can help and what you want.
For the Business Community
- Postings on the Event Calendar – Free or make an Optional Donation to either twincitylocal or one of our partners
- The ability to Purchase Advertising, place Coupons and etc. Ads are sold on a sliding scale basis – pay what you can afford with…
- The “profits” of the all advertising will be shared with area non-profits. Similar to Amazon Smile except LOCAL and with the lions share going to the organization(s) you choose instead of just a tiny sliver
- Opportunities to partner with us and with our partner organizations to promote events, raise awareness and generally improve the quality of life in our community